It is generally accepted that barren marriage is the absence of pregnancy in a woman of childbearing age for 1 year of regular sexual activity without the use of any contraceptive. Therefore, if you and your partner have been trying regularly for more than a year to conceive a baby, but your attempts have not yet yielded results, you must look for a reason. Such a cause may be a violation of the reproductive system of one or both partners, and the male factor is as common as the female one.
In preparation for pregnancy, not only a woman should be examined, but also a man. Modern researchers are increasingly pointing to the multifaceted nature of the problem of barren marriage, in the solution of which gynecologists, reproductologists, andrologists, and psychotherapists should take part. However, the first specialist who is contacted by couples experiencing difficulties with the onset of pregnancy is an obstetrician-gynecologist.
In some cases, couples resort to assisted reproductive technologies (ART). These include:
- IVF (in vitro fertilization) – is used with low sperm quality or in the case of physiological characteristics that prevent the fertilization of the egg by sperm. Ovum fertilization occurs in vitro, after which the embryo is transferred to the uterus.
- Cryopreservation of the embryo. If the previous attempt at artificial insemination failed, another embryo can be transferred.
- Artificial insemination – the movement of a sperm into the uterus. It is produced if the sperm cannot independently fertilize the egg or in the case when a single woman wants to become a mother using donated sperm.
- ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) – used for male infertility, with low sperm activity. The sperm is injected into the cytoplasm of the oocyte (an immature form of future eggs).
- Surrogacy. If a woman is physically unable to conceive and bear a child, her fertilized egg is transferred to the uterus of a surrogate mother, who carries and gives birth to a child for this couple.
One of the most popular forms of ART is in vitro fertilization, or IVF. Many couples ask how many IVF procedures are needed to get pregnant. It is rather difficult to answer this question unequivocally. However, statistics from the 2016 Russian Association for Human Reproduction indicate that about 34.8% of IVF cases in Russia led to pregnancy and childbirth per cycle.
After embryos are transferred to the uterine cavity, pregnancy diagnosis by the content of hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in the blood or urine can be carried out after 12-14 days. Ultrasound diagnostics is carried out starting from the fourth week after the procedure. Based on these studies, experts conclude that IVF is successful.
To determine your pregnancy from the first day of your delay, do a home test with the Evitest Rapid Pregnancy Tests.
Evitest – 99% accurate *, reliable and quick ** tests for determining pregnancy from the first day of delay:
- High accuracy (99%) in determining pregnancy when testing from the first day of delay *.
- A wide range of.
- More than 15 years in the Russian market ***.
* Instructions for the use of Evitest rapid pregnancy tests.
** The result after 3-5 minutes according to the instructions for the use of Evitest rapid pregnancy tests.
*** According to RU Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation No. 2003/755 of May 16, 2003.